Sunday, May 11, 2008

Coffee Swap Topic #6

We'll go free form this week - Post about your WIPs, post about your package, post about the weather where you are - just be sure to include that the post is for the Spring Fling Weekly Topic somewhere inside it when you tell us it's there! I'd love to hear how folks are enjoying the goodies they received, if they have, or how much fun you had shopping for your pal!

Well, I think I might just be squeaking in on the deadline for this one. It's been a pretty crazy week. My parents are visiting right now, so there was lots of cleaning and such to do before they arrived. It just barely got done :o).

My package has already been sent (and my pal should get it in the next day or so!! I can't wait to see her reaction!). I can post a couple pictures here about what was in it. I made some felted Gerber Daisies:

CIMG2808 CIMG2810

As you can see in the second picture though, the wire I chose wasn't heavy duty enough and the flowers just "wilt". I also made a coffee cozy (that ended up too big for the mug I got her) and baked some almond biscotti (which turned out really tiny). Ha. Nothing turned out quite as I imagined. But the biscotti still tasted good, and hopefully she has a mug that the cozy will fit!

I have to go quick bind off the socks I'm giving to my mom tomorrow, so I have to cut this post short. I hope to find more blogging time soon! I never did tell you guys about my adventures in dyeing...

CIMG2781

No comments: