Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coffee Swap Topic #4

Well, it's that time again. Time for a Coffee Swap topic of the week! This one is a very intriguing one:

Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?

Sigh, if only that were true. But on to the question. Honestly, I'm not the green thumb in the house. C is.


These are some of the seedlings he started in our basement so they would be ready for planting when the time comes. There's onions, leeks, broccoli, cabbage, romanesco, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, and I think that's all. The picture is from 2 weeks ago... everything is a lot bigger/greener now. If I were to plant things, it would likely be flowers. It would also be really cool to have a dyer's garden. I would likely just be sitting on a big porch with my knitting and coffee though :o). (I really wanted to do that the other morning... grab a coffee and some knitting and sit outside and watch the sunrise. Except I was just on my way home from work and I needed to get to bed. sigh. Night shift has its downsides.)

1 comment:

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

we sniffed over to wish you a
Happy Blogoversary!

wish we knew how to knit

waggin TX tails barking loud most of the time