Cast-On: 6 June, 2007
Finished: 14 June, 2007
Pattern: My own. Based off of the Triangle Ribs stitch pattern in Harmony Guides Vol. 2, heel flap, gradual standard toe (I don't know what to call it... you decrease 1 round, knit 3 rounds, [decrease 1, knit 2] (x2), [decrease 1, knit 1] (x3), and then decrease to the number of stitches you want and kitchener them)
Yarn: "Funny Strumpf Color" (Coats GmbH) 6-ply in color #7108 (this is a link to it at the store I bought it at... a LYS in Erlangen). It's 75% superwash and 25% nylon. I used a little more than half... don't have a scale for exact measurement... off of 2 150g skeins (ie, I used a little more than 1 skein).
Needles: Inox 3.5 mm dpns
Pattern Notes: For some reason my gauge was a little looser at the start of the second sock or something and I got a 1/2 less repeat in the ankle than on the first one and the same number for the rest of the sock. This meant that the heel flap and toe on one sock began with a mostly knit stitch row in one and a mostly purl row in the other (the one on the left-- his right foot-- above is the second one ending with mostly purl stitches before the toe, while the other one is mostly knit stitches)... something that bothers me slightly. They also slouch a bit at the ankle... but I wasn't about to rip them out, lol.
In other news, I got my partner for the Facebook Secret Knitting Pals!!!! I'm so excited! I have some very excellent ideas of stuff to send. Unfortunately my pal doesn't like orange, so I'm going to have to find something else to do with my Wollmeise yarn in the Sonne colorway. I'm thinking about taking Elemmaciltur up on the invite to come down to Munich (last Saturday of June-- the 30th?) before I head back.. so maybe I can arrange a swap with someone down there. I know that Bockstark Knits used that colorway in the past.
I've been knitting on Tubey since I finished the socks, but no real noticeable progress. Speaking of which... the new Knitty is out. I really like the Coachella pattern. I already ordered yarn to make Tempting II in a "knit a long" of sorts with my friend Jenny though.
That's all for now. I'm hoping to finish Tubey this weekend though.... I think I'm getting close! I have to get ready for Summe of Socks.



No comments:
Post a Comment