Monday, March 15, 2010

OK, so maybe not so often.

Apparently in my world "once a week" = "once every other month." Sigh. SOOOO busy right now. I am just trying to make it through (and probably won't be blogging very often). I am currently in the process of huge projects/travel at work, planning a wedding, and possibly (VERY possibly) buying a house. It's just overwhelming. And all I feel like doing when I get home is laying on the couch. I really wish I could take an entire month off of work to get the rest of my life in order, but even if I had the vacation for it there's no way I could with all the stuff coming up. Oh well.

My veil is coming along. I'm about 12-13 rows in (of about eleventy BILLION), but they get shorter as I go so it actually does feel like progress. I did just cast on for a shawl Saturday that's out of worsted weight. It is going very quickly and will be a satisfyingly quick knit in comparison I think. I need that right now. It's made from The Plucky Knitter 100% Merino and is the softest, squishiest thing.

Our knitting guild held it's annual Knit In this past Saturday and it was a nice way to "get away from it all" so to say. The women who write the Mason-Dixon Knitting Blog spoke, and I took a class on stranded knitting (I've finally... somewhat... learned how to do the knit stitch in Continental!). There was also of course a lovely market of vendors there. I restrained myself fairly well. The Plucky Knitter was there and since her yarn is difficult to purchase online, I took advantage of having it in front of me. I bought 3 skeins of 100% Merino worsted in a beautiful tonal grey to make the Springtime Bandit (the shawl I mentioned above), as well as a skein of 55/45 Cashmere Silk in a blue/green colorway to do.... who knows but it was beautiful. From another vendor I purchased an oversized skein (650 yds) of sportweight alpaca in a lovely coppery colorway to make another shawl. I also purchased a cute needle vase from Jenny the Potter. (I will add pictures as soon as I get home... I'm writing this from work on break. Have to multi-task nowadays you know...).

That's about it from me for now. I may have exciting news about a house in the coming weeks, but I'm trying not to get worked up about it. Also, as an aside, I've had to add commenting security to the blog because I've been getting a ton of spam on older posts. There will be no moderating unless you comment on a very old post, but you will have to do the captcha box. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments: