Work right now sucks BIG TIME. I just found out through other people on my shift (READ: haven't heard it from my boss, who never talks to me!) that we are completely changing our schedules as of June 9 (READ: only a little more than a week away). Instead of working 7 12 hour shifts in 2 weeks (with a 2 on 2 off-esque schedule), we are switching to 4 10 hour shifts Monday-Thursday. And my shift is going to be later (10pm-8:30am instead of 6pm-6:30am). Now work-wise this is not wholey and entirely bad. I will finally have someone in my department on my shift. And not working 12 hours days is a definite plus. I also will be getting 4 vacation days back that I was using in July for weekend weddings and family functions. Life-wise though this is terrible. It means that C and I who were on essentially the exact same schedule are now on only slightly overlapping schedules. Our non-sleeping face time will be cut practically in half. The only time we see each other when neither of us work will be 3 day weekends ever other week (which this summer will be filled with travelling to above mentioned weddings and family events). I cannot do this for 7 months. I don't know what we're going to do. (Also means a rather hefty pay cut... which isn't
horrible... but definitely sucks. Especially with the rise of gas prices and all the travelling we're going to be doing.)
Now for the distraction. A coworker is having a baby boy the end of June! So I knit a cute little blueberry hat for him (note: I don't really know the coworker, but how often do I get to knit cute baby things!):

I (and apparently everyone else.. I couldn't make the shower) thought it turned out rather cute! (Oh, this also counts towards one of my 101 in 1001 items. Horray!)
I also have decided on a pattern for my friend's wedding shawl and am about 25% done with it. Didn't get a picture of it yet though. Maybe next time, if I need to be distracted more.
1 comment:
hey cute hat, love it
has your swap box arrived yet?
your swap pal?
xx
Post a Comment