Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hi my name is KnitEurope and I'm a Yarnoholic

So I joined a new group: Stashalong. This post is also posted on their blog, but I figured it would be good to have multiple people holding me responsible.

This is most of my stash (minus the yarn for 2 afghans and what is with several UFOs):

Knitting Corner

But this is the main reason I joined the group (sorry the pic's so blurry):

The Sock Yarn Stash

That's all sock yarn. Hi my name is KnitEurope and I am a Sock Yarnaholic.

I am a member of Ravelry and have been busy entering my stash into the database. I looked at it one day (after exporting it to Excel... Ravelry is really an amazing thing, if you're not signed up go jump on the waitlist!) and saw that I had a little over 12 miles of yarn. I was quite astounded and searched around trying to find stashbusting groups. At the same time I realized that I didn't have all of my yarn cataloged yet. Doh. At the present time the total is just under 20 miles. This does not include a BUNCH of yarn earmarked for an afghan I'm about 40% done with. Or the 2 skeins of Malabrigo lace weight that I ordered (hey, I needed to get above the free shipping point, and it was my birthday :o)) last week.

Anyways, on to the goals:

Goals through Mid-Year (end of June)
- Knit a pattern from my knitting books/magazines (1+ pattern per month)
- Knit 2 miles worth of sock yarn

Goals for March
- Knit 3 large squares worth on my Rambling Rows afghan
- Finish the pair of socks for my future MIL
- Finish the pig for my sister
- Complete the first pair of socks for Sock Madness 2 (pattern which comes out 3/13)
Exceptions
- I can buy knitting books/magazines/notions/needles
- I can buy yarn for a specific project (not socks!) IF:
- I still end up with a negative outcome for the month
- It's on sale
- The goals for the month are already met
- I will give an exception to sock yarn IF:
- It is yarn for a pattern in SM2 and nothing from my stash works (ie I know there is a pattern in laceweight which I do not have appropriate yarn for. If I'm still in for that round, I am allowed to buy yarn).
- OR it is on sale and a yarn I have never bought before.
- I still must end up negative for the month
- I knit an extra pair of socks that month.
Totals
grams yarn in stash: 10580.75
yards yarn in stash: 34568.9 (that's 19.6 miles!!)

So yeah. No more yarn buying!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

All that yarn...how awesome! You have to be itching to see how it works up! I know I would be...Stick with those goals though, that's an admirable thing to have :)