(OK, so it wasn't open when it was given to me. I was just so excited that I broke into it before realizing this is really something I should blog about.)
It was my Wollmeise package! It came quickly since they just shipped it on Friday. I had seen it on several blogs (Elemmaciltur and Bockstark Knits and pictures from the Summer of Socks Flickr group)and decided that since I was in the same country as them, I just had to have some! (plus my trip to London fell through, so I had some extra cash lying around and never having bought hand dyed yarn I thought it was my chance!)
So I ordered 4 skeins of their superwash sock yarn:
Birkenrinde (Birch bark): Black, grey, and an off-white
Sonne (sun): Bright orange and yellow (it's a lot oranger than on the website and I'm not sure if I like that or not. This may end up in a secret pal gift or yarn swap or something)
And she even included a sample skein of the thicker yarn in the Zenzi colorway (Zenzi is apparently a common name for a milk cow here in Bavaria and it is grey and brown and cream)
So that was my excitement for the day! I haven't decided what to knit with it yet (most likely socks, but I have no clue as to patterns.. there are many I am looking at). Maybe one will be the first yarn I knit with for SOS '07!



5 comments:
Gorgeous colorways! There's going to be some real pretty socks walking around.
I'm glad you made the carrot cake and enjoyed it. =)
I just got a Woolmeise package this morning too! I'll blog about it today or tomorrow. =)
Jenny again. Anyway, I'm glad (and slightly jealous) you got your hand-dyed wool. It looks beautiful! And you could always do something school-spirit related with the orange. Just a thought.
Isn't the Wollmeise just wonderful?
BTW, we're recording the new episode tomorrow, so keep a look out for that. ;-)
How can I land some Wollmeise sock yarn? I'd love to place an order, but I'm in the states. :o(
Post a Comment